At The End Of The Day . . .  

Posted by Heidi in



When there are those who insist on seeing bad in the good you do, who interpret your honest efforts as a pack of lies, whose pride leads them to misjudge you, preventing them from treating you with fairness, there is One and only One, who understands with perfect clarity. Challenges and trials are part of the human condition and He who is perfect has endured them all including the greatest of prideful, judgmental injustices. It was necessary for Him to endure all things so He could experience what it is we go through and thereby pay the price for our sins. It is necessary that we go through trials and hardship in order to be more like Him. That is why, at the end of the day, it is His criticisms of me, His guidance, His promptings, that I embrace.
What a comfort it is to know that in a world full of dissenting voices, He has every answer! (plus, unlike mere mortals, He never gets His facts wrong) more here . (just click it--you won't be sorry!)

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 3, 2009 at Tuesday, November 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

18 wise, witty and wonderful comments

Anonymous  

Oh, Heids. How did you know I needed this today? Thank you, sweet friend. Thank you.

November 3, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Amen and beautifully said.

November 3, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Thank you for the wonderful reminder.

November 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Oh Heidi...you have no idea how much this short post meant to me. This has totally put things into perspective with me. Lately I've been so caught up with other people think of me or how they perceive me that I have been putting myself down thinking I will never measure up that I've forgotten that most important person, yeah the One and only One...it is His measuring stick and expectation, criticisms, guidance and promptings that I should be embracing. Thank you so much.

You have set a really great example for me today and for that I will always be grateful to you.

November 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Now THAT is how to put things in perspective. Thank you!

November 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM

I love this! It felt so peaceful and honest.

November 3, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Anonymous  

LOVE this!

you should see what I posted yesterday on another blog:

amormonandajewwalkinto.blogspot.com

LOL

and about the movie? that is 7 pounds

November 3, 2009 at 12:39 PM
Anonymous  

And not only did He suffer for our sins, but He bore our sorrows so that He could heal our hearts.

November 3, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Perfect for the day today. Well, and every day, really.
Thanks, Heidi.

November 3, 2009 at 1:13 PM

Oh Heidi, you're such a good person. I hope you get recognized for that more often than not!

November 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Now there's a perspective I wish I could just cling to. It's the sort of thing we know, but so rarely remember to LIVE. Beautifully put, hun.

November 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I totally agree.

November 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Lovely and true.

November 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM

Amen, Sister A. Strap the yoke on and walk beside Him. XO

November 3, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Oh, that is beautiful. And so true. Bless you. And thank you for your cute Halloween card and emails. You are so sweet and thoughtful. I can't wait to meet you and Jami.

November 4, 2009 at 9:47 AM

This was beautiful and so true. I wish there was some way to come to this knowledge without going throug the pain of a trial, but I think there is no other way. In fact it is part of the plan. Hugs and best wishes for all you are going through.

November 4, 2009 at 1:42 PM

And there are others, who, though less than imperfect, love you too. Me being one.

Thanks for the reminder.

November 5, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Yes so true!

November 14, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Post a Comment