The Latest On The Big Guy  

Posted by Heidi in


Today's post is HERE. Happy Sunday!

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 29, 2009 at Sunday, November 29, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

19 wise, witty and wonderful comments

i love you.. and i admire you. my troubles and struggles seem minimal. thank you for your loving example!

November 29, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Oh Heidi. I love your dedication to your son. You are just who he needed. There is a special place in heaven for mothers like you.

November 29, 2009 at 2:13 PM

Heidi, what a beautiful post and what a sweet tribute to your son. The plan of salvation and the atonement bring such hope. What a blessing to know and understand that.

November 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM

(Tears streaming down my face)...there is a mom in my ward with a severely autistic son. They make it to church about once a month. When they do, it's still a struggle. She also visit teaches me and has such a light in her eyes, it boggles my mind.

A light that I imagine you have, too.

Heidi, I love your writing, I love your son, I love you.

November 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Wow Heidi --you have such inner strength. God must have given you that.
I loved reading that story and feel so humbled.

November 29, 2009 at 3:14 PM

THAT
was

amazing.

thanks... sending the link to a few family members, because although my uncle is nearing 60 now... my dear sweet grandmother is also washing out soap suds and weighing unshaven face against conflict.

November 29, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Heidi, you are such an amazing person and mother.

I work with so many parents of kids with mental illness, and it is heartbreaking to see them abandon their children. I can't judge them, because I don't know what it's like, but it can still break my heart.

Thank you for providing that example.

November 29, 2009 at 4:36 PM

First I looked at the picture and thought how handsome he was and how sweet his curly hair was. Then I went to read your lovely piece at We Believe. Your love in the face of imperfection always inspires me.

November 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Anonymous  

Utterly overwhelming. Your situation is overwhelming to me in contrast to my own fairly easy life, and the Spirit was overwhelming as I read your lovely words.

November 29, 2009 at 6:26 PM

You are Christianity personified. Nobody could even pretend to know the difficulties you face, but you do it with love and honesty. Thank you for sharing Michael with us. I love that Big Guy!

November 29, 2009 at 10:40 PM

Inspiring

Love you

November 30, 2009 at 7:34 AM

Heidi--that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your testimony and experiences with us.

November 30, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Anonymous  

beautiful!

November 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Awesome. You have such a way with words...you definitely answered your calling as a writer.

November 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Thank you for sharing that beautiful testimony. It helps, you know? (I hope you know.)

December 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I just love you so much Heidi, you are simply amazing and inspiring in so many ways. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for being the person you are! (p.s. He really is such a handsome boy!)

December 1, 2009 at 3:01 PM
Anonymous  

What a powerful testimony. I feel very humbled, and I can't help but think of 1 Nephi 3:7 where Nephi promises us the Lord won't give us anything we can't handle. I've been very blessed with four healthy children, but I look at women like you and think, Heavenly Father knew you would be stronger than me because there were some things He knew I would not be able to handle, and you could. We all have our share of trials and struggles, but mine are so mundane and just don't compare. You are my hero!

December 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Heidi...what a sweet post about your son. Thanks for sharing. I can't pretend to know what it's like to be you and have your challenges...but it sounds like you're an amazing mom...with lots of patience. He's lucky to have such loving and compassionate parents.

December 1, 2009 at 4:43 PM
Anonymous  

Heidi, this is so beautiful. How rich will be that distant day for the Big Guy and for you too. I know you'll both get to rejoice. Your son will get to tell you how much your service has meant to him. Your testimony means so much to me. I love ya, Heids.

December 1, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Post a Comment