A New Reason To Love Fridays!  

Posted by Heidi in



Friday Fragments is the brain child of Mrs. 4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time

(did I do it right this time, Barb?)

You know how they say that things will always look better in the morning? For me it’s just the opposite. In fact, I could do without mornings all together. Who’s with me? We could start a Facebook group—Bloggers Against The Crack of Dawn.

*****
Someone from California, Maryland visited my blog today. I had no idea. I thought California had the market on California.

*****
The other day I was listening to a song and thought what a beautiful message it contained. In fact, I thought it would be a perfect theme for a romance novel. I cudgeled my brains trying to think of a plot that would revolve around said theme and realized that Miss D Two does, in fact, feature that theme. I just love it when a plan comes together. Even backwards. It’s how I roll. (I gather no moss but pounds seem to find me no matter what! What’s up with that?)

*****
The Little Guy was in a play last night for his first grade class. I have always known he was the Drama Queen of our household but the hip gyrations in the midst of song were new to me. Can you say Elvis? (I couldn’t take my eyes of him.) (Is that creepy?) (I think it's a little creepy.) Video could be forthcoming. I’m considering it. I might be talked into it. Try me.

*****
Thanks for voting on my book cover poll and entering my Miss D book giveaway contest. I hope you all win! Really! Everyone single one of you. It would be a miracle along biblical lines but I’m game (you can enter here—if you decide to blog about it, be sure to come back here and tell me that you did so I can be sure to enter you twice in the drawing). Now go (pretty please!) to my new poll in the sidebar and tell me whether or not I will get to meet you (vote twice if you plan to bring a friend) in Utah on Saturday April 25th (or thereabouts. I have already made plans to meet up with some of you on the 26th—you know who you are). Read all about it HERE.


*****

Have a Great Weekend Everybody!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, April 3, 2009 at Friday, April 03, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

43 wise, witty and wonderful comments

So, no details on the 25th yet? And what is this secret combination get together on the 26th? Sounds awesome.

April 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Okay, where's the poll that says "I am a little crushed that I can't make it either day"?

And I demand to see the Elvis hips.

April 3, 2009 at 10:20 AM

i definitely want to see that video!! i bet it's darling!

April 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I'll be indisposed at the writing conference on the 25th, of course, but I'll be thinking of you. Have fun!

April 3, 2009 at 10:25 AM

I totally want to see Elvis jr. Bring on the video!!

April 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM

i am with you about the morning.. i want noon to be my new start of the day.. but then noon would be the crack of dawn.. right? i think so..

April 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM

I wish i could crash the party! someday!

April 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM

The poll depresses me a bit. I want to meet all of my virtual friends too! Although I think you all should make a plan to kidnap Annette after her workshop so the party can be complete.

I'm in for the facebook group though. I am really, really against the crack of dawn!

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 AM

California ought to sue California for use of its name. Post the Elvis hip video -- we won't leave any comments about you being creepy. At least I won't.

April 3, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Kristina--you would know all about naked smoking snuggie wearing secret combinations, wouldn't you? Lisa--sorry I brought up that painful subject again. Believe me, it is painful for me that you won't be there. I will post the hips as a consolation prize, okay? Jessica--could this be The Nelson's gone single? Annette--thanks! Sue--okay bit I'm waiting for another mom to get it to me--not one of my hip-swinging pieces of vid turned out or was lost in transition from camera to computer. Gramee--noon is fine with me--I just need to be able to sleep as long as I want, preferably once the sun is shining full in my eyes, then I can deal. Sabrina--let's dream about it together, shall we? Jamie--yes, yes and yes! Becky--you don't know how much that comforts me!

April 3, 2009 at 11:16 AM

I hear ya about your Little Guy. I don't think it's creepy at all, I tend to do that too when one of my kids perform something that was completely new to me and did a marvelous job. You should take him for a little treat.

As for meeting up with you, will you doing a book tour anywhere on this island? I would so love to meet you and shake the hands of a great novelist.

Oh and I would totally be in your fb group, I also would love to eliminate mornings altogether out of my rituals...lol...I'm more of a night person.

April 3, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Elevis hips, Elvis hips, Elvis hips!!! We want Elvis hips!

Dang, the pounds keep finding me too :(

April 3, 2009 at 12:22 PM

I agree with every fragment, and I like your fragmented thoughts too! :) But mostly I'm just glad its Friday at all! haha I'm really REALLY hoping to come see you the 25th! WHOO!

April 3, 2009 at 12:33 PM

I'm kinda sad I'm not one of the cool kids meeting on the 26th (I wasn't jealous until Kristina P called it a secret combination!) I'll just have to settle for the general public meeting on the 25th.

April 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Have a great weekend too girl. Conference. Awww....

April 3, 2009 at 1:09 PM
Anonymous  

Heidi, oh Heidi
you truly are great
You hate the mornings
and like to sleep late

your kids are talented
and will bring you big bucks
performing like Elvis
bringing money-stuffed trucks

Oh, I am lucky
you are friends with me
and that I am a part
of the secret society!!! =]

Seriously, Love ya Heids. You're awesome.

April 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM

L.T. That was beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes.

Heidi, I'm totally against the crack of dawn stuff! I'll join your group!

April 3, 2009 at 2:37 PM
Anonymous  

I had no idea that there was another cali either!

good luck and congrats on all your writing stuff :smile:

April 3, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Anonymous  

So wanting to see the Little Guy on stage.

Completely down with the anti-morning thing; and daughter number one is due to start early morning seminary in 17 months. :-P

April 3, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Elvis hips, huh? That is hard to pass up!

April 3, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Anjeny--how I would love to come and see you in your natural habitat! Laura--you are da bomb!!! Pam--mine starts in five months! Aiiiieeee!!!!

April 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM

Yeah, I fall in love with my boys over and over again. It is a cool phenomenon!

I called Charrette yesterday and we are on target for the evening of the 25th at her place. We will try to join up with you and the others that morning if possible. WooHoo!

April 3, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I want to see the hip shake!!!

April 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!! And really...its ridiculous to keep this SHAM contest going...you KNOW You are going to just give me the book!

April 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I won't tell Shelle that you've already agreed to give ME the book when I fly to UTAH from ALABAMA to have Lunch with you and the girls! AND to meet your PUBLISHER! And have your stylist make me over! AND that we are going to party all night long because we can sleep 'till NOON, AND you are going to write the forward to MY book that I haven't even written yet, or thought of yet!
Goodnight~
♥,Lilly

April 3, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Well, Miss D 2 already has a theme song? Sweet! And I'm right with you on hating mornings. Yuck!

Cindy

April 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM

I will confess to probably knowing the California, Maryland stalker. My husband works near there and often checks out my blog when he has a few minutes. From there he sometimes hops over to my blog roll of Heidi's. His spot changes all the time so it's not always California, MD. Just like my location is several different cities in our area too...although never actually our city which is odd.

April 4, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I'm tied up all day on the 25th with Storymakers stuff or I would totally vote. You're not going to Storymakers?

April 4, 2009 at 8:39 AM

oh yes, you must show us video of the little elvis. :)

April 4, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I've been blog-stalking you for awhile and thought I'd de-stalk and say HI because I really dig your blog. I think I found you through Janelle W's blog (I was in her ward for a couple years until we moved a few years ago).

April 4, 2009 at 10:25 AM

That is so cool (that you're publishing not only one, but two books now. What an accomplishment :)

Sorry it took me a day to get here from FF--just trying to have a life. I hate when my life interferes with blog-reading! Thank heaven for the weekends!

Your little guy and his gyrations sound adorable, and no, not creepy at all. We all love it when our kids are special; who wants a boring kid who just stands there? Sounds like a Funniest Home Video possibility...

Off to see what I've missed on your blog this week :)

April 4, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Yeah, I pretty much think we need to see the video to verify his cuteness and all...
Love the randomness of this post!

April 4, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I would NOT know if things look better in the morning. I can't get my eyes open good enough for a look ----I try and avoid a relationship with mornings.

April 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I hope you are having a good weekend. It's very cool that you found a song to suite your book so perfectly!

April 4, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Hi Heidi: I cannot believe that I just found your blog!

Together with the lovely ladies from 3 Bay B Chicks we created a Facebook group to start a San Francisco blogging network. As your blog is so amazing and creative we would love for you to join.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81379964792&ref=mf

April 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM
rachel  

hey aunt heidi, yeah i didnt know how else to reach you and tell you that i would love to know all our families blogs...could you leave them with me! thanks! :)

April 5, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Mornings....BLAH!!!

I am soooooo excited for the 25th...what's this about the 26th??? hmmmm......

April 5, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I had no idea how street you were, Heidi. "That's just how I roll" made me laugh out loud.

Can't wait to read the details from your trip to Utah. It is going to be a very fun time.

-Francesca

April 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Anonymous  

I'm with you on the morning thing. Early to bed and early to rise was not how my internal clock was set. I do my best work starting at about 4 pm and could go until 1 if I didn't have to get up at stinking 5:45.

April 6, 2009 at 7:37 AM

okay NOW I'm going to have to check my calendar... if I can FIND the stupid thing amidst all of my chaos!!!

April 6, 2009 at 8:33 AM

I agree, mornings stink. My favorite time is after lunch. No real reason - it's just the best time of the day.

April 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Mornings are the only thing for me. By about 10:00 I'm done for the day. It's a bit pathetic, actually. But I've usually been going for 5 hours by then, so I guess I have some excuse.

April 6, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Let me know when you start that Facebook group -- I'm totally there! :)

April 6, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Post a Comment